Monday 29 November 2010

lunchtime walk - mon 29 nov

Some of the wild of the weekend must have still been in me today, because even though (and maybe because) it was snowing, I had to get out and go for a walk at lunch.

Along here I saw a lovely yellow male Siskin - my first 'real' sighting of a Siskin.

I heard the Goldcrest before I saw it along here - there were 2 of them.

Heard but didn't see Bullfinches here
Also saw a flock of approx 30 Linnets (didn't see any Twite), saw 4 Greenfinches - they were nearly glowing bright green against the snowy sky, kept an eye out for Brambling but didn't see any - also Water Rails near the ponds -again didn't see any. Saw 5 Song thrushes fly over and possible Redwing flyover, also saw a flock of 8 Goldfinches. 1 Wren, 3 Robins, Pied Wagtails, Moorhen, Chaffinches, Hooded Crows, Magpies, Ravens, Blue tits and Coal tits.
Thumbs up.