Tuesday 18 January 2011

lunchtime walk - tue 18 jan

Full moon over Drimnagh tonight
Great day for me today - I managed a walk at lunchtime, the first time I've felt well enough to be outside since visiting Avoca to look at Redkites two weeks ago.
Such a lovely day today too.

Around work I saw a flock of 6 Long Tailed tits in the same area I saw them before Christmas, assuming it's the same flock, it looks like they survived the severe winter.
Also saw 5 teals down at the hidden away small ponds - a first for me in ucd, might have to start a work list.
1x Goldcrest, 2x Mistlethrush, 1x Coal tit, 1x Chaffinch, 1x pied wagtail, 1x Moorhen, 1x Wren, 2xBlue tit and what I thought was a very olive rather than brown backed Robin were also cool to see.
There were 12 Tufted ducks back on the main lake too, they haven't been around for months.

Still no Brambling.