Tuesday 3 May 2011

Space

For all the millions of you who read this blog (lol), apologies for the absence in posts, but for those who don't know, I've been in New York!
But am back now, sitting in the blog factory, ordering the workers about so they can create a mega post from photos of some of the birds I saw when I was in New York. (Yes, even in New York I had to have 'time out' to go birding).

Anyhow this is just a little posting of some of the photos I took yesterday up in Wicklow.
The photos are not of birds, not even good landscape shots (I only had my 150-500 lens with me) - they're just photos of what I saw to my left and then my right:
Space, fresh air, remoteness, vastness, distance, expanse, earth and nature.
After being in a massive, busy city for 10 days, this space was much needed.

Left
Right
Wicklow at dusk
Red sky at night, shepherd's delight.
and breathe.

I think this love of space is one of the main reasons myself and a lot of birders 'bird'.
We're very lucky here in Ireland.
Very lucky.