Thursday, January 3, 2013

Oh so quiet

Lack of zoom lens = lack of blog posts around here eh, and that's how it's going to stay for a while I'm afraid.

After Mike Conn gave a full refund on my broken Sigma 150-500 zoom lens, I put the money away safely and started looking for alternative lens options, which for the same price with the same reach, were non existent.

Money still safely put away, my car failed its NCT big style, new rear axles (or something) had to be fitted and paid for, I think just over €600, then the car tax came in at €517 ! and the money from my lens was gone.

Add into the mix that after years of cycling, a while back I decided I'd treat myself to a posh new road bike and so have been spending whatever spare few hours I've had cycling (did I mention I cycled 82km on my first cycle), so you can see where this is heading.

I'm still going to be out and about birding, I couldn't not - I love it, in fact I've had some lovely birding days here in Yorkshire over the Christmas holidays (Red Kites, Sparrowhawks, Kestrels, Buzzards, 30 Tree Sparrows, 40 Greylag geese in a field, Canada geese, Fieldfares, Redwings, Great spotted Woodpecker in a tree) I'll just not be posting about the day on here.
Without photos, I'd find the blog boring since I've always been more into images than writing.
I'm also not going to give up the photography, with my smaller 200mm and 18-55 lenses I might start getting into landscape stuff, something I've always been meaning to do.

So au revoir for now, the cycling is a new challenge, which in my 40th year is quite a welcome discovery, unless I crash and then I'll be of a different opinion.

Thanks everyone for reading and for the phone calls / texts to say how much you've enjoyed various blog posts- it's nice to think that sharing some photos from a day's birding is enjoyed by others. 

Happy Birding, see people around on outings etc

Siobhan